Victorian building, modern facilities

1915

On 15th May, the Church of England purchased land to build a Church House or institute to be used for both religious and communal activities and to be known as St. Bridget’s Parish Hall. In the late 1960s the Trustees and Church Council found it difficult to maintain and run the building, and in 1971 Hoylake and Urban District Council purchased the building and surrounding land. Under the umbrella of the Local Authority, the building became known as West Kirby Public Hall.

1974

On 1st April, part of the land at the rear of the Centre was leased to the West Kirby Guide Association, on which they built the present Girl Guide premises.

1994

In April 1994, the Centre was taken over by the Community Division of the Local Authority. Local residents and users of the Centre were encouraged to take an active role in its management. In 1995, a Steering Committee was formed which culminated in the establishment of the Joint Management Committee for whom charitable status was obtained.

2000 - 2008

In 2000 with aid from the National Lottery, the building was altered and extended.

In 2001, the Joint Management Committee agreed a twenty-five year lease with Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council. Since its inception the Joint Management Committee of the Centre has undertaken considerable refurbishment programmes.

In 2007 the Connor Suite was refurbished.

In 2008 the main hall was refurbished.

2013 -

After being refurbished, Westbourne hall reopened late 2013. Running as a Charitable Trust, it is the focal point of a wide range of local groups and events, both public and private. With the help of the Trust, staff, volunteers and user groups, we look forwards to continuing growth and improvements to Westbourne hall.

Contact us

Are you interested in hosting an event at Westbourne Hall? Call us on 0151 625 0344 or…

Copyright 2017 Westbourne Hall Community Trust. All Rights Reserved | Terms | Privacy